The Society Of St. Vincent De Paul National Council Of The United States Minimum Requirements For Existing Traditional Conferences
Existing Traditional Conferences must:
· Adopt Bylaws within one year, (National Council Approved Bylaws are attached).
· Review the following “Minimum Requirements for Existing Traditional Conferences” and develop a plan to correct areas in which the conference is not meeting the requirements of the Rule.
1. The Conference excludes no one from membership based on age, sex, race or ethnic background. Rule, Part I, 3.2
2. The Conference meets regularly and frequently, and not less often than twice a month. Weekly meetings are desirable but not mandatory. Rule, Part I, 3.3.1, Part III, Statute 5
3. The Conference has four or more active members and a full slate of officers: President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer. Rule, Part III, Statute 12
4. Prayer, spiritual readings and reflection are a part of each meeting. Rule, Part III, Statute 7
5. The Conference has an active, trained Spiritual Advisor who attends full meeting regularly and accepts responsibility to promote the spiritual life of the Conference. Rule, Part I, 3.13, Part III, Statute 15, U.S. Manual Pages 48-49
6. The Conference is aggregated or has filed an application if has been in existence for one year or more. Rule, Part I, 3.8, Part III, Statute 6
7. The Conference serves all those in need regardless of age, sex, race, ethnic background or life style. Rule, Part I, 1.4 Part III, Statute 8
8. All home visits and other interviews are made by two Vincentians. Rule, Part II, Statute 8
9. The Conference has person-to-person contacts with the needy, whenever possible. Rule, Part I, 1.2, Mission Statement
10. Home visits are the primary focus of work for traditional conferences. U.S. Manual Page 23
11. The Conference maintains a bank account separate from the parish, under the control of the conference Treasurer. Rule, Part III, Statutes 12 and 24, U.S. Manual, Pages 26 and 30
12. The Conference attends District meetings and takes part in programs and events sponsored by their District/Diocesan Councils. Rule, Part I 3.6, Manual Page 36
13. The Conference sends its members to formation and training sessions offered by the Society, particularly the Ozanam Orientation. Rule, Part I, 3.6, 3.12, Part III, Statute 10
14. The Conference submits Annual Reports to the District/Diocesan Council. Rule, Part III, Statutes 22 and 23
15. The Conference presents at least an Annual Report of its activities to the Pastor and people of its parish, preferably through the parish bulletin. Rule, Part III, Statutes 22 and 23, U.S. Manual Page 30
16. The Conference maintains a positive relationship with the clergy. Rule, Part I, 5.1
17. All donations go to the works of the Society to maintain Society structure, both nationally and internationally. No donations are used to fund other charities no matter how worthy. Rule Part I, 3.14, Part III Statute 26
18. The Conference provides required support for Councils/Region. Rule Part III, Statute 25
19. The Conference knows and follows the Rule of the Society. U.S.