Position: Donation Center /Truck Driver
Employment Type: Full Time
Hours per week: 40
Work Hours: Hours vary between 8 AM – PM, including rotating weekend
Starting Salary Range: $11.00/hr. with paid healthcare benefits and holidays
The Truck Driver/Donation Center Attendant is responsible in assisting the direction of donated merchandise from donors, providing exceptional customer service while completing pickup and deliveries in the community, maintaining a clean, safe, and pleasant work site, and implementing St. Vincent de Paul’s mission, under the direct supervision of the Logistics Manager.
- Operating the truck.
- Fueling the vehicle.
- Keeping the truck a smoke-free area.
- Cleaning out truck cab daily.
- Using safe care and handling of donated goods at all times.
- Following established procedure when donor is not home and for rejecting items.
- Inspecting truck each morning.
- Ensuring hardcopies match electronic copies for daily pickups/deliveries.
- Properly unloading merchandise into appropriate storage locations.
- Partnering with furniture lead to help organize furniture in furniture area from daily pickups at beginning and end of each shift.
- Mapping out truck route for each day.
- Assisting in recycling efforts.
- Representing SVdP in a positive manner by providing exceptional customer service.
- Maintaining quality service by enforcing organization policies.
- Completing all job duties in a safe manner.
- Assuming additional responsibilities as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Warehouse experience preferred.
- Previous forklift certification preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with staff, volunteers, and donors.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including some weekends and early evenings.
- Regularly lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 lbs.
- Valid Driver’s License.